- Errors with Enabling
The mandatory start date for Phase 2 reporting in CloudPayroll is 31 May 2022. If you cannot meet this obligation you will need to apply for a deferral from the ATO.
In the 2019–20 Budget, the government announced that Single Touch Payroll (STP) would be expanded to include additional information.
The expansion of STP, also known as STP Phase 2, will reduce reporting burden for employers who need to report information about their employees to multiple government agencies. It will also help Services Australia’s customers, who may be your employees, get the right payment at the right time.
- Navigate to the Tax Options page by one of the following.
From Log In message
- Click here.
From Confirm message
When your payroll is confirmed you will see the below message.
- Click Tax > Tax Options
- Go to Tax > Tax Options
- Scroll down to Single Touch Payroll
- Tick Use STP Phase 2
- Click Save at the bottom of the page
You will see a Success message
Errors with Enabling
There are two types of errors. These will show up at the top of the Tax Options page.
Pay Element Errors
The pay elements that require update will be listed at the top of the page.
- Click here will take you to the Check Pay Elements for STP Phase 2 report.
This will provide potential reasons as to how to set up the pay element correctly. If you haven't checked these off:
- Tick Element Checked for each element that you have checked and does not require updating.
- Click Save
- If you have elements that require updating, go to the element
- Scroll down and click Save
You will see an error message at the top of the page
- Scroll down until you see the error message.
- Fix it by selecting the relevant dropdown category or relevant tick box.
- Click Save
You will see a success message
Personal Details Errors
If there are personal details that need to be updated you will see how many are required at the top of the page.
- Click here to direct you to the Personal Details' Tax Details to see which employees have (Missing) details.
- Click on each employee to update the missing fields. It will most likely be either Employment Basis, Country of Origin and/or Work Country.
For further information go to Changes to Personal Details