The JobKeeper rates are changing from 28 September 2020 as part of the JobKeeper extension to 28 March 2021. Part of the change is the introduction of tiers. This means that your employees may be paid at two different rates in the fortnight. (The rates will change again after 3 January 2021 but the tiers will remain the same).
To facilitate this change CloudPayroll has implemented a filter by HR Custom Field in the Top Up Allowance tool. This article provides instructions to set up the HR Custom Fields and add them to your employees prior to using the Top Up Allowance tool.
Set Up a JobKeeper HR Custom Field
- Go to Setup > HR Custom Fields
- Click + Add
- Choose a meaningful name and click the tick
- This will take you to the Options page. Click + Add to add the Tiers
Add the JobKeeper HR Custom Field to your employees
- Go to People > View People
- Click on a person and go to HR Custom Fields
- In the dropdown select JobKeeper from the dropdown and click + Add
- Select the Tier from the Code dropdown and click the tick (the date is an optional field)