As per the Fair Work Ombudsman, employees that have been stood down still accrue leave. In order to do this in CloudPayroll, you must first set up a Leave Accrual pay element and then allocate the pay element to your employees' timesheets.
- Add a Leave Pay Element for Leave Accrual
- Add the Leave Pay Element to my Employee's Timesheet Template
Note: To easily follow any instructions in our Help Guide using this pay element, we recommend you make the Payment Code 'C19HRS' as in the example below.
- In CloudPayroll, go to Setup > Pay Elements.
The Pay Elements Payments page displays.
- Select +Add to add the new pay element.
The Pay Elements Payments Details page displays.
- Complete the Basic Details section as per the screenshot below:
- Complete the Payment Type section as per the screenshot below:
- Click Save to add the pay element.
A success message displays.
The pay element is added to the All Special Payments table in the Pay Elements Payments page .
Once you have created the C19HRS - Regular Hours Accrual pay element you can add this pay element to your employees' timesheet template.
Note: If you would prefer to add the C19HRS - Regular Hours Accrual pay element at the time you pay an employee, you can disregard these instructions and follow the instructions to add the C19HRS - Regular Hours Accrual pay element in the Process a Pay Run With JobKeeper Payments article.
- In CloudPayroll, go to People > View People.
- Select the Information icon (i) to the left of the name of the employee you want to add the leave pay element to, then select the Timesheet template link.
The employee's timesheet template displays.
- In the Add transaction section of the timesheet template, in the Qty field (green highlighted field), enter the usual working hours for the pay period for this employee.
- Select the C19HRS - COVID-19 Regular Hours Accrual pay element from the Element dropdown list.
Note: Leave the Rate field blank.
- Click +Add.
The Timesheet Template Entry page displays.
- Click Save to add the entry to the Timesheet Template.
A new entry for the Leave Accrual hours displays on the Timesheet Template.
Now you are ready to use the C19HRS - Regular Hours Accrual pay element when you run a pay. See the Process a Pay Run With JobKeeper Payments article to use this tool in a pay run.