This checklist covers:
After your last pay run dated in June, please check that Taxable Earnings and PAYG totals balance to match the amount reported and paid to the ATO. If there is a difference, submit a variation and pay the balance.
Add any Reportable FBT amounts to be reported on employees’ payment summaries (or Income Statements if STP enabled), prior to, or in the last pay run, with a pay dated in June, if you haven't already done so. (Use the ‘Payment Summary only’ Pay Element, FBT). This will then be included in your employees’ payment summaries or Income Statements.
If you are STP enabled, you do NOT need to provide Payment Summaries to your employees or the Payment Summary Annual Report (PSAR) to the ATO. You will instead need to process a Final event for the tax year by going to Tax > STP Update Event by 14th July.
Note: If this is your first STP reporting year, you have until 31st July.
For instructions on completing a final event for Single Touch Payroll see the Process a Final Event article.
If you are NOT STP enabled:
- Check that the correct authorised person is selected as a Tax Contact on the Setup > Organisation page (located at the bottom under emails and contact details). Make the required changes and save.
- The 'Draft' message on the payment summaries will display until 30th June inclusive and will automatically be removed on 1st July. If you would like to extend the time before the draft message is removed, please go to Tax > Tax Options and scroll down to Payment Summary and tick ‘Keep as draft?’.
- If you wish to only extend time for individuals, go to an employee’s Personal Details page. select View Advanced Tax Details under Tax Details section, tick ‘Keep Payment Summary as draft until end of calendar year?’ and click Save.
- Inactive or terminated employees’ payment summaries must be received by the ATO by the 14th July. These can be found in Reports> Tax > Payment Summaries (Inactive Staff).
Note: The draft message automatically disappears after the employee’s termination date.
- Lodge Payment Summary Annual Report (PSAR) file to the ATO by 14th August. This can be accessed from Reports > Tax > Payment Summary Annual Interface and follow the steps outlined on this page.
With your authority, CloudPayroll can submit the PSAR file on your behalf for a charge of $45.00 + GST. If you would like CloudPayroll to do this for you, please email email@example.com. State your Organisation Name and Organisation Number in the subject of the email and confirm that you accept the $45.00 + GST fee.
If you have not already done so, you can enable STP.
- Go to Tax > Tax Options.
- In the Single Touch Payroll section, select the Use Single Touch Payroll checkbox.
- Select Save.
Note: If you receive an 'error' message, fix the errors listed and try again.
Superannuation for payrolls with pay day up to and including 20th June can be sent prior to 30th June. Anything after this date will be sent as part of the standard superannuation process.
If you wish to prepay superannuation before 30th June, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (03) 9670 0422. Support will email you the necessary form. Please complete the form, sign it, and return it to CloudPayroll ASAP.
If the superannuation is to be paid prior to 30th June, there will be a $45.00 + GST fee applied.
The new tax tables (if applicable) and any other changes will be updated automatically, so when a payroll dated in July is open, the changes will be applied.