Note: Before entering any time logs, it is really important you understand your employer's expectations in regard to adding time logs. For example, what Time Code activities you are expected to record, whether you are expected to submit a time log per job or per day, or when and how often your are required to submit your time logs.
Note: Your Employee Kiosk must be activated in order to access Timelogs. You can activate your Employee Kiosk from the CloudPayroll Login.
This article covers:
- In the Employee Kiosk, select the Timelogs menu.
You will see all your time logs for today, if you have previously added any time logs.
Note: By default, the Timelogs page opens to today's date in Day View.
- If the current date is not the date you want to add the time log to, change to the correct day by either:
- Selecting the Back Arrow button (to the left of the date) to go to a previous date, or
- Selecting the Forward Arrow button to go to a future date, or
- Selecting Today to go to today's date
- Select +Add to add a time log.
Note: If no time logs exist for the current day, you can select either the +Add button or the +Add hyperlink in the table to add a time log.
- Complete the following fields:
- Date: If you did not navigate to the correct date before you added the time log, you can now change the date to the date you require.
- Time Code: Select the time code for the time log.
- Start and End Time: Enter the time work started and ended. You may type your selection or select the Time Picker to choose a time.
Note: The Start and End Time fields may not be available to you. In this instance, you will only be required to complete the Gross Hours.
Note: The End Time will automatically adjust if you change the Gross Hours.
- Gross Hours: Enter the total amount of time worked. If you enter a start and end time, the total will be calculated for you.
- Break (mins): If required, enter the time taken for an unpaid break in minutes. The break time is deducted from the Gross Hours to calculate the Net Hours. You can either type the minutes, for example 30, in the Break field, or click + or - to enter the break time.
Note: The break time may already be populated as a default. You can override this.
- Notes: Enter a note for the time log if required. This note will be seen by your Timelogs Approver.
- Select Save.
A Success message displays.
Note: The time log is now displayed in the Timelogs table.
Note: Time logs are initially added as Draft time logs. Your Timelogs Approver can see your draft time logs, but they are unlikely to want to approve them until you have submitted the time logs to them.
Submitting the time log lets the Timelog Approver know the time log is ready for approval.
Note: You can edit any Draft time log as many times as you need to before you submit it. See Edit a saved time log in your Employee Kiosk for information on editing a time logs.
Note: You can save your time logs and wait to submit them, or you may be required to submit a time log each time. See Submit your time logs for approval in your Employee Kiosk for more information on submitting time logs.
You can view either a day's worth of time logs, or multiple days of time logs.
Depending on the settings chosen by your employer, you have the option to view either:
- A day's worth of time logs (Day View) and a week's worth of time logs from Monday to Sunday (Week View), or
- A day's worth of time logs (Day View) and time logs based on the frequency of your pay (Pay Cycle View).
To Change the View
At the top of the Timelogs page, select the required sub menu:
- Day View: To view a day's worth of time logs in the Timelogs table.
- Week View: (if available) To view time logs for a week (Monday to Sunday).
- Pay Cycle View: (if available) To view all the time logs within a single pay cycle, for example, for the fortnight if you are paid fortnightly.
Note: When adding a time log in either Week View or Pay Cycle View, the date of the time log defaults to the first day of the period. Remember to change the date of the time log you are adding, if required.