This article covers:
- The Timelogs Settings Page
- Reviewing a Person's Timelogs Settings
- Making Time Codes Available to a Person
- Saving Timelogs Settings for Multiple People
- Go to People > View People.
- Select the person whose Timelogs settings you want to view.
- Select Timelogs Settings from the People sub-menu.
The first group under Timelogs Settings relates to the person's general use of Timelogs.
Enable Timelogs for the Person
Select the Enable Timelogs for this person checkbox if you want the person's time logged through Timelogs. If the setting is disabled, this person will not be able to see the Timelogs tab in the Employee Kiosk and won't be able to submit their time.
Standard Hours Per Week
These settings are initially applied from the default Organisation Timelogs settings under the Setup menu. You can adjust each person's individual settings here.
- Assign standard hours per day for this person: If this person has a regular weekly schedule, add the hours they are expected to work each day throughout the week.
- Set a total standard hours per week: If this person works irregular hours but should work a set number of hours each week, set their weekly total here.
- Day and week are undefined: If this person works an irregular schedule, and also does not have a set number of hours each week, choose this setting.
Set a default break time when adding a time log, for example, 30 minutes. The break time can be changed in the time log.
Transfer to Payroll Options
By default, when this person enters their time, this time, once approved, will be used to fill in their current timesheet once a payroll has been opened. Select Hours logged will not be transferred to payroll if you would like this person to log their time for recording purposes only. For example, if you want to pay the person 38 hours per week through the Timesheet template, irrespective of the number of hours logged for recording purposes.
By default, a person can enter their own hours in Timelogs, in the Employee Kiosk. If the Timelogs Approver will enter hours on behalf of a person, select Time Approvers and Paymasters will enter timelogs on Person's behalf. If the person cannot enter their own time logs, they will not see the Timelogs tab in the Employee Kiosk.
Save a Person's Timelogs Settings
Once you are satisfied with the settings above, select Save to save the settings.
Note: There are two Save icons on this page. Each will independently save the settings for the window just above it.
Select Which Time Codes This Person Will Use
You can select which time codes you want a person to use. This may come in handy when, for example, you create a person specific time code, and only want that person to have access to it.
In the table above, you can review the time codes created for your Organisation and which time codes this person has access to. You can review which pay element these time codes are mapped to.
At least one time code must be enabled (set to Yes). If a time code is set to No, the person will not see the time code in their list of time codes in Timelogs.
Save a Person's Time Codes Settings
When you are satisfied with which time codes this person should use, select the Save button below the Time Codes table.
See Change Timelogs Settings in Bulk if you would like to change Timelogs settings for more than one person at a time.