Timelogs is a fully integrated CloudPayroll add-on that enables employees to log the time they have worked. in order to track the processes of these time logs, statuses are used to indicate what step in the process each time log is at.
The status shows for each time log in Timelogs in the Employee Kiosk for the employee, and in the Timelogs Approver Overview and the Timelogs Approver Detail View, for the Timelogs Approver.
This article covers:
There are seven status types:
- Draft: A person has saved this time log and may still edit it.
- Submitted: A person has submitted their time log for approval.
- Void: This time log has been rejected (similar to deleting a time log, but the details will still be visible). Void entries are locked and will never be added into a payroll.
- Suspended: This time log is frozen to allow the Timelogs Approver time to make a decision. It will not be added to a payroll until approved. A suspended entry can also be voided.
- Approved: This time log is approved to be processed in the next payroll.
- Accepted: A Paymaster has opened a payroll and accepted the approved time log to be added to the payroll.
- Closed: The payroll this time log is associated with has been fully processed and closed.
The below diagram shows the Timelogs request and approval process. This is the flow from start to finish based on the statuses above.
If a draft time log exists, the Timelogs Approver will see the time log status for that day in the Timelogs Approver Overview as Incomplete.
Note: If a person's Transfer to Payroll options setting is set to Hours logged will not be transferred to payroll, the highest status their time logs will reach is Approved.
For a more detailed explanation of the process flow of a time log, see Overview of the Timelogs process.
When There are Multiple Time Log Statuses for the Same Person on the Same Day
When there are multiple time log (and read-only leave requests) for a person on the same day, when the Timelogs Approver reviews time logs in the Timelogs Approver Overview, the status shown will depend on the individual statuses for each time log (or read-only leave request) on that day, for that person.
If at least one of the time logs on that day for a person is Draft, the status in the Timelogs Approver Overview will show as Incomplete.
There are two other scenarios that will cause the status in the Timelogs Approver Overview to show as Incomplete:
- If a Suspended time log exists, and there are other time logs for that person on that day, or
- If there are multiple Approved and Submitted time logs (and read-only leave requests) for that person on that day.
Approved will display as a status if there is at least one time log (or read-only leave request) that is Approved, along with any other time log (or read-only leave request) that is either Accepted or Closed.
Accepted will display as a status if there is at least one time log (or read-only leave request) that is Accepted, along with any other time log (or read-only leave request) that is Closed.
Closed will display if all the time logs (or read-only leave requests) for that day, for that person have been Closed.
Note: Read-only leave requests will only show for a person if your Organisation allows your employees to enter Leave Requests in the Employee Kiosk, and that person has Timelogs enabled.